What Remains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Related Questions&Answers

3 posters

Go down

Game Related Questions&Answers Empty Game Related Questions&Answers

Post by Frank Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 am

This thread is aimed to answer all the relevant questions the user may have regarding the game. Want to know some npc info more into detail? You have questions about the actual engine or mechanics? It will be answered here, don't hesitate to post. Wink
Frank
Frank
Developer

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Game Related Questions&Answers Empty Re: Game Related Questions&Answers

Post by Eternauta Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:29 am

Good you did this. I actually wanted to ask how crafting will work in WR (if there's going to be any).
Eternauta
Eternauta
First Trip Ever To The Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 am

Eternauta wrote:Good you did this. I actually wanted to ask how crafting will work in WR (if there's going to be any).

It basically works the same like you already know it from FOnline. You'll find recipes and blueprints during the course of your game and will be able to craft weapons/armors/misc. items for survival. Depending on your stats you'll be able to craft them then. There are also 1-2 quests completely centered at the crafting - you'll find about that later. (don't want to spoiler here)
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:30 am

it will be some sort of food sistem?
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 am

LagMaster wrote:it will be some sort of food sistem?

I am not sure yet.. If it will have some food system, then only a small un-tedious one, like the PC has to have some food in his inventory if he goes on long journeys on the worldmap etc.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 am

Frank wrote:I am not sure yet.. If it will have some food system, then only a small un-tedious one, like the PC has to have some food in his inventory if he goes on long journeys on the worldmap etc.

Yes, please not like Fallout 3 "Basic needs" mod which became the official Food/Thirst system -> In the middle of the battle you suddenly start feeling hungry? Open inventory, use food item, close inventory and keep shooting. In real time FOnline combat it would take, what? Three action points?
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 am

Eternauta wrote:
Frank wrote:I am not sure yet.. If it will have some food system, then only a small un-tedious one, like the PC has to have some food in his inventory if he goes on long journeys on the worldmap etc.

Yes, please not like Fallout 3 "Basic needs" mod which became the official Food/Thirst system -> In the middle of the battle you suddenly start feeling hungry? Open inventory, use food item, close inventory and keep shooting. In real time FOnline combat it would take, what? Three action points?

Agreed. On a sidenote, remember that What Remains will be turn based, not Real Time. Wink
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:14 pm

I was wondering about the game quests' names and system.

Will you stick to the Fallout 1/2 style, getting quests called "do this", or will you use Fallout 3/NV style, where quests get a title and a list of steps to complete?
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:34 am

Eternauta wrote:I was wondering about the game quests' names and system.

Will you stick to the Fallout 1/2 style, getting quests called "do this", or will you use Fallout 3/NV style, where quests get a title and a list of steps to complete?

That's a good question, heh. I won't give the quests a special name as I find that a bit cheesy, aswell as the "go there and to this to win" progression. It will look like the journal in Arcanum (quest progress is written as if the character has scribbled in his journal) mixed with the display of "topics" in the journal screen. I'll do some screenshot later to show what I mean.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 am

Are you implementing books and magazines? Will you only introduce original Fallout books/magazines or are you considering Tactics/FO3/New Vegas ones as well? Will they boost skills or will they have a different use?
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 am

I personally don't like the approach to give the player some book (s)he can buy for a small amount of money (which can, and will be "farmed" anyway if you give the player such "carrots" before their mouths) which magically raise some abilities. The character progression should feel very rewarding (doing a hard quest and earn a +skill or +stat boost this way) and not trivial, like "popping some pill to be more intelligent=instant win in dialogs" etc. Thus, I don't like those temporary skillboosts aswell, like New Vegas did. So in short - yes, there will be ways to make your characters stats better (beside the normal leveling), but it is harder and more rewarding.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down