What Remains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game?

+3
Eternauta
Izual
Frank
7 posters

Go down

Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game?

Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty17%Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty 17% 
[ 1 ]
Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty83%Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty 83% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 6

Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game?

Post by Frank Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:17 pm

This is the question I was telling myself lately. I am already pretty far in writing locations and mapping to a point where I could release almost the first chapter, but I myself as a player would prefer the full game to be released, for a gaming experience from the start to the end without any interrupts. What would you prefer?

Some fancy idea I had before was to do a demo, working as "chapter 0" where you play a predefined character you will later find in the "maingame" - but I have to sleep a night over that to reconsider. That's why there are just 2 options in the poll yet. Happy voting!
Frank
Frank
Developer

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty Re: Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game?

Post by Izual Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Some fancy idea I had before was to do a demo, working as "chapter 0" where you play a predefined character you will later find in the "maingame"
That's an amazing idea.

I didn't vote in the poll, because I vote for: Chapter 0, a not long and teasing enough chapter. Then the full game. Very Happy
Izual
Izual
Just Barely Breathing
Just Barely Breathing

Back to top Go down

Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game? Empty Re: Would you prefer What Remains to be released into Chapters or as a full game?

Post by Eternauta Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm

As I was telling you on IRC the advantage of releasing separate chapters is the possibility to play each part almost as soon as it is finished. But thinking it twice, realeasing all chapters in one would be better for the storytelling and narrative I believe you are aiming for, which could be ruined or at least harmed with separate releases (as these would result in making each chapter feel like a simple "sequel" and not the kind of game you want to produce).

I like the Chapter 0 idea.
Eternauta
Eternauta
First Trip Ever To The Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post by vanzizzle Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Release all in one Very Happy and a demo would be nice
vanzizzle
vanzizzle
Just Barely Breathing
Just Barely Breathing

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:26 am

3 things i hate in general:
1 the phrase:"to be continued"
2 eating fish
3 get a beat

but for what is important, i whoud like it in 1, even if i will have to wait longer for it
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jan0s1k Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:01 am

From my point of view - both. I mean something between, just game should be game, but like most game with "stories" it shouldn't end, just make some hours of playing and then just make sequel of it. If it have to be as "chapters" you can do for first time something like it was in Postal 2 (and with expansion Apocalypse Weekend), of course not style of playing and psycho story, but something, that is missing in "main game".

Ps.. I'm sorry for my chaotic language Sad
jan0s1k
jan0s1k
Seeking Shelter From The Rain
Seeking Shelter From The Rain

http://temote.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:04 am

jan0s1k wrote:From my point of view - both. I mean something between, just game should be game, but like most game with "stories" it shouldn't end, just make some hours of playing and then just make sequel of it. If it have to be as "chapters" you can do for first time something like it was in Postal 2 (and with expansion Apocalypse Weekend), of course not style of playing and psycho story, but something, that is missing in "main game".

Ps.. I'm sorry for my chaotic language Sad
i think he wanna say that you make a full game and them make other one(the sequel)
so the first chapters will be in 1 game and then make other game with other caracters

but i like the ideea of one full game at once
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balthasar Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:25 am

Demo: Yes! Chapters: No!

Easy explaination for this is: You throw out some chapter 1 and while doing this you already work on the next one...but...after some chapters, you already released, there will be some pressure to your self as developer. Right now there's nothing that forces you to release the game within X days or something but if you do the chapter thingy you maybe will face some self-made stress, which tells you to continue in time. This might lead to some point where you don't feel like doing any new stuff but once you started to come up with some content before, you also feel like you have to do this... always a bad situation to be still creative..

Thats why i say: Hold it back till you have finish it! Wink
Balthasar
Balthasar
Just Barely Breathing
Just Barely Breathing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down