What Remains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money?

5 posters

Go down

Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money? Empty Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money?

Post by Frank Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm

As the title says, did you play Dead Money? What are your thoughts 'bout it?
Waiting for newer installations?
Frank
Frank
Developer

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money? Empty Re: Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money?

Post by Andr3aZ Tue May 03, 2011 4:57 am

Decided to not play any more NV related games/addons. Dunno why, every time i try to play NV i quit it after a few hours.
Andr3aZ
Andr3aZ
Cellar Dweller
Cellar Dweller

Back to top Go down

Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money? Empty Re: Waiting for the new Fallout New Vegas DLC? Played Dead Money?

Post by Eternauta Tue May 03, 2011 9:08 am

Something similar to what Andr3aZ said happens to me as well. I started a new character to see if I can get more interest in the game this time. I had not advanced that much, but I had forgotten most of what I'd seen Razz

Also, Frank told me so much about Dead Money that I want to give it a try.
Eternauta
Eternauta
First Trip Ever To The Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Tue May 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Eternauta wrote:Something similar to what Andr3aZ said happens to me as well. I started a new character to see if I can get more interest in the game this time. I had not advanced that much, but I had forgotten most of what I'd seen Razz

Also, Frank told me so much about Dead Money that I want to give it a try.
my F:NV crashed, so i waith for Game of the year edition or something
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Wed May 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Well I gotta say I am enjoying NV a bit more this time. Hope it lasts...
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun May 08, 2011 3:04 am

Andr3aZ wrote:Decided to not play any more NV related games/addons. Dunno why, every time i try to play NV i quit it after a few hours.

I'd really like to know why you quit after several hours (no flame intended - out of interest). For me it's one of the last hopes in roleplaying games after all this - sorry - crap which has been released lately. That game was very important for the whole cRPG genre.

Eternauta wrote:Well I gotta say I am enjoying NV a bit more this time. Hope it lasts...

I do hope so too. Wink What's your progress ingame? Have you tried out Chris Avellone-Wankery.. Dead Money yet? Really interested what you think of it. It's a great piece of software. Wink

Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andr3aZ Sun May 08, 2011 5:39 am

Frank wrote:
Andr3aZ wrote:Decided to not play any more NV related games/addons. Dunno why, every time i try to play NV i quit it after a few hours.

I'd really like to know why you quit after several hours (no flame intended - out of interest). For me it's one of the last hopes in roleplaying games after all this - sorry - crap which has been released lately. That game was very important for the whole cRPG genre.

I did sidequests a lot and main story quests a lot, i did exploration and it was fun for a while but then it kinda kicks you into "repeative shit" feeling i also had in Fallout3. The Hardcoremode elements made it more interesting but yeah if you crash into every place and shoot'n'loot you have enough food and water every time. I simply vomited at the 1000th guy with his horrible oblivion-face saying something about "please help me, go there and get item/kill npc"

only thing i really liked was the crafting/bulletmaking system. With stuff beeing more rare it would be pretty awesome.

tl;dr: Simply dont like the Oblivion-like way of telling a story and to let the player get into his "role".
Andr3aZ
Andr3aZ
Cellar Dweller
Cellar Dweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 am

No, I still have not tried Dead Money... Allow me to ask a noob question: can I install that DLC and play it in my current playthrough, or do I need to start the game again? Thanks in advance. I will let you know what I think when I play it Smile

I share some thoughts with Andr3aZ. The hardcore mode is an interesting feature but, let's be honest, they just copied the "Basic Needs" mod for Fallout 3 and did not change it so much. And like Andr3aZ said, getting food and water is too easy. Same goes for the crafting system, I was very interested in that feature but turns out I never ever craft because I always got ammo on me. I honestly don't know if the same happens with a Energy Weapons user instead of a conventional gunslinger, as I haven't played a Energy warrior yet.

I have not advanced much ...I'm in Novac Razz with the other character I had already gone to New Vegas and met House, but didn't advance much more than that.
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 am

Eternauta wrote:No, I still have not tried Dead Money... Allow me to ask a noob question: can I install that DLC and play it in my current playthrough, or do I need to start the game again? Thanks in advance. I will let you know what I think when I play it Smile

Yup, you can start the DLC whenever you feel like it. The official recommended level is 25 I believe, but I found it much more enjoying with a lower level - it gives the extra kick of difficulty. Wink

I share some thoughts with Andr3aZ. The hardcore mode is an interesting feature but, let's be honest, they just copied the "Basic Needs" mod for Fallout 3 and did not change it so much. And like Andr3aZ said, getting food and water is too easy. Same goes for the crafting system, I was very interested in that feature but turns out I never ever craft because I always got ammo on me. I honestly don't know if the same happens with a Energy Weapons user instead of a conventional gunslinger, as I haven't played a Energy warrior yet.

I don't really care if they "copied" it from other mods - they openly said that they were inspired by some of the communities mods (some food system was already planned since Fallout 2 anyway, so it's not that much of a new idea). As I never install user created mods (I want to play the game like the developers wanted, not some third party contributors) it was new for me and I liked the Foodsystem. Food was not scarce enough and the survival skill was pretty much useless, agreed. Same goes for ammo crafting, I never bothered with it. In Dead Money however, you will *need* to craft in order to survive. Thankfully, it's much more convenient there, you'll see.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Mon May 09, 2011 10:33 am

Yup, you can start the DLC whenever you feel like it. The official recommended level is 25 I believe, but I found it much more enjoying with a lower level - it gives the extra kick of difficulty.

Awesome, thanks. And I'll follow to your recommendation.

some food system was already planned since Fallout 2 anyway, so it's not that much of a new idea

Ahh that is true, would have loved to see that implemented.

I never install user created mods (I want to play the game like the developers wanted

Still some mods make the game better, simple as that. Lexx's mod that takes away the tags in "click this and win" dialogue options are a perfect example.

In Dead Money however, you will *need* to craft in order to survive. Thankfully, it's much more convenient there, you'll see.

Heh, thanks for the advice! Smile
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed May 11, 2011 3:31 am

The Trailer for the new Honest Hearts DLC is here:

Must admit that I am damn excited. Embarassed
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Wed May 11, 2011 5:52 am

Trailers are supposed to make you feel interested in the product, but they work the opposite way on me :S I kinda hate trailers... which doesn't mean the DLC won't be good. But most probably I'll just feel lazy and only get it if Frank tells me it's awesome Razz

By the way, I got Dead Money. Wait for my character to get a couple of levels and I'll go visit Sierra Madre.
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:33 am

Eternauta wrote:Trailers are supposed to make you feel interested in the product, but they work the opposite way on me :S I kinda hate trailers... which doesn't mean the DLC won't be good. But most probably I'll just feel lazy and only get it if Frank tells me it's awesome Razz

By the way, I got Dead Money. Wait for my character to get a couple of levels and I'll go visit Sierra Madre.

After almost 3 weeks - did you give it a shot yet? Wink

I played Honest Hearts a bit and honestly (heh) it was a bit disappointing to me. Not because it's bad - no, because I expected a second Dead Money. Dead Money was rather linear, focused on character development/story investigation. Honest Hearts is the opposite. All the area of the Zion Park gets opened to you immediately after you arrive there, free for you to explore. The quests there encourage you to explore the wildlife and send you all over the map (it's convenient, as you can use fast travel). It's nice, but I am not that much of an explorer in games myself and rather want a good and straight forward narration. Matter of tastes.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Frank wrote:After almost 3 weeks - did you give it a shot yet? Wink

Actually, yes. I have not finished it yet, but I did recruit God/Dog (and I am currently looking for Christine) and although it might be just a little part of the whole DLC, I can already say I love it.

I think it is a good attempt to push the possibilities of Single Player gaming to their maximum potential. I am playing NV in what is supposed to be the "Hard Core" mode and if I understood right it adds certain specific dangers in Dead Money... to the Sierra Madre environment that is. The harshness of the Cloud is an awesome detail and if it's absent in the Normal mode, I bet it sucks.

It encourages scavenging quite a lot, to look for ammunition, food, etc. I see that as a very positive aspect.

About the characters, well I might need to finish the DLC to form a serious opinion about them. So far, Elijah seems to simply be some random obsessed person with nothing... "special", if you want, about him that could make him look like an actually interesting and well worked-on character. However I hope that it is just that I need to advance in the DLC to find more about him (no spoilers, please).

Now, Dog/God. What can I say, I just had to explore the whole dialogue tree of each personality. The dialogue with him made me remember Torment for a while. The fact that you can make him switch personalities everytime you want could be, in my opinion, seen as a negative aspect, especially when it comes to gameplay: you can use him as God when walking around, then switch to Dog when it's time for combat. Maybe it would have been more interesting if you were forced to choose one of his personalities, and keep the advantages/disadvantages for the rest of the DLC. But again, I too hope that advancing will prove me wrong.
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixote Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 pm

I never played any version of Fallout in FPS "3D", it just doesn't appeal to me - so I'll stick to the original Fallouts... Wink
Pixote
Pixote
Just Barely Breathing
Just Barely Breathing

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:14 am

well, i didn't played Dead money yet, i w8 for level 21-22 with my good natured char

but i tryed Honest Hearts(finished it too) and is veary dificult, i started it at level 12-13(can't renmember) and after evacuating Zion i had level 19, you can only play the game with a shitload of stealth-boys and you can play it at what level you whant(also you will need at elast 50 guns for the final battle)

ovelhaul i loved the game, but you will lose all your bullets if you enter, so be ready to get used to the .45 auto weapons

but i realy what the 4tr DLC, so i can meet the other courier, Ulyses and to know why he shoud be the main hero of New Vegas, still i, i will love to play in the Big MT in Old Word Blues(comes 19th of July)
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I have FINALLY finished Dead Money Wink

Man. I am not sure what to say... I can tell you I don't regret playing it, at all. It's really amazing, the story is just great.

I loved the companions, especially Christine. Oh and I was kinda sad that she remained in there as a warden...

I liked the fact that the DLC was not only good in itself but also gave you some bits of information about the whole story of New Vegas. I want to know, does this apply for Honest Hearts as well? Cause it would be the only motivation to try that as well.

Anyway, thank you for convincing me to play this DLC, it has been a great gaming experience Smile
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 am

yes, in HH there are some references about other courier(that is working for the legion) and it doesn't need that many skill checks

also the .45 auto guns are awesome
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:32 am

Well thanks for the spoiler then Razz I might try Honest Hearts as well then.
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:28 am

i think i must prepair a pair of dipers, i will LMAO
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:04 pm

LOL HIGHTECH WEAPONS! ...disgusting
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 am

played a bit, but only for show

the weapons are not that high teck, probably the tail blasters, but that is it

also it gave me a huuuge laugh with all the jokes and the science and the hard to get: jokes about science
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:08 am

Guess what, I (finally) beat New Vegas for the first time Razz

Yes Man ( What a Face ) ending. I'm not entirely satisfied, I thought I would be able to "shape" the independent government a bit more, instead of just getting a message saying "New Vegas was able to be independent".

Also a little thing - I had convinced the Great Khans to do the suicide attack and I thought they'd go with explosives attached to their armor or something (maybe I played too much 2238), not just "attack" - so their attack was a suicide one just because they were insects compared to NCR soldiers and Legionaries. Razz

One thing that annoyed me to death was the fact that NV runs quite slowly (the characters move slowly, and sometimes I even click to shoot and my character shoots about one second later :S) on my laptop, and the battle in Hoover Dam with many enemies using decent weapons was a pain in the ass.

But well, I can't say I didn't enjoy it! Very Happy
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:28 pm

awesome, Eter
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:24 am

Hehe, glad you finally ended the game. Wink I will post a more lengthy review on it when the last DLC, Lonesome Road will be here on 20th september.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum