What Remains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Games are you wasting your time on right now?

3 posters

Go down

What Games are you wasting your time on right now? Empty What Games are you wasting your time on right now?

Post by Frank Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Post here any ingame informations of games you are playing right now. Screenshots are welcome.
Frank
Frank
Developer

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What Games are you wasting your time on right now? Empty Re: What Games are you wasting your time on right now?

Post by Eternauta Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 am

Well, you might think I am a bit mad about all this... but I just had to grab good old Fallout 1 again. It has always been my favourite. After playing 2238 so much I felt kinda weird while planning my build.

I've also decided to give New Vegas a chance. Not bad, certainly better than Fallout 3, but I don't understand why hardcore Fallout fans like it that much. I also don't like the cowboy style so much, but I'm sure we'd agree that it has been around since the old Fallouts. It was explicit in Redding, and in Junktown you could already notice a bit of it, in my opinion. Something tells me it will be cooler in What Remains.

Anyway, I went too off topic.
Eternauta
Eternauta
First Trip Ever To The Badlands

Back to top Go down

What Games are you wasting your time on right now? Empty Re: What Games are you wasting your time on right now?

Post by Frank Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:32 am

Might've been better off in the general fallout talk, but now it's here. Wink Did you finish it already? The Dead Money DLC is surprisignly good aswell, very good writing...

Right now, as written in the news, I'm replaying Icewind Dale. Never been that much into Dungeon Crawlers, but the Atmosphere in there is just fantastico.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:05 am

Dusted off Fallout Colectionary set(that i got 2 times, one i got in the year 2003, and one in the year 2010) and finished Fallout 2 for the first time(i allways got killed in the last fight with Franky(i usualy do 10AG FastShot bursters)).now that i finished (allmoast) all the fallout games, i will play fan made mods

exept Fallout i play CoD 6 with RL friends, Sims Medieval and some flash games
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 am

Frank wrote:Did you finish it already?

New Vegas? Not yet. I do want to however, I know it does have its positive aspects.

The Dead Money DLC is surprisignly good aswell, very good writing...

Might get that DLC but just because you say it's good Razz Otherwise I would just go "meh" and forget about it.

Right now, as written in the news, I'm replaying Icewind Dale. Never been that much into Dungeon Crawlers, but the Atmosphere in there is just fantastico.

What I liked about Icewind Dale is the possibility to create all the members of your party. Obviously this is not something you could implement in any RPG (Torment for example) but it's something I thought was awesome. I'd love to be able to create more than one Warrior for my Fallout Tactics squad.

Also, I'd say the atmosphere is "fantastica", cause in Spanish it's female Razz

LagMaster wrote:i allways got killed in the last fight with Franky

I never liked that Final Boss at all. The turrets for example were too many so it was using them to kill Frank (zomg surf is an anklav infiltrate!), or be killed by them. Also forget about beating Frank with a melee char.
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 am

Eternauta wrote:
Might get that DLC but just because you say it's good Razz Otherwise I would just go "meh" and forget about it.

It is spot on on everything I like in RPGs. Very very good writing (this was Avellones Baby and it shows), good NPC interaction, it's hard, in a good way, as there are no enemies with quadrillions of hp, the enviroment is your enemy, it has an unique setting and a very good atmosphere+tidbits of future events in the Fallout world whom really matter. In the review item I wrote for NMA, I compared it to Torment and would do it again, good stuff. Go for it, it's well worth the 10 $.[/quote]

Eternauta wrote:What I liked about Icewind Dale is the possibility to create all the members of your party. Obviously this is not something you could implement in any RPG (Torment for example) but it's something I thought was awesome. I'd love to be able to create more than one Warrior for my Fallout Tactics squad.

I've got some similar approach, the potential followers proto file (the one determining how the stats of the npc look like) are determined via variables, regarding how you react on them the moment you get to know them. Together with the command menu (alt click on enemy to give companion orders) charisma builds become a very powerfull way to play the game. Still no "partybuilding", but Fallout was never about having the full control over a party. Wink
The soundtrack of IcewindDale is pretty good too, this is heaven for an audiophile. Very Happy

LagMaster wrote:i allways got killed in the last fight with Franky
Eternauta wrote:
I never liked that Final Boss at all. The turrets for example were too many so it was using them to kill Frank (zomg surf is an anklav infiltrate!), or be killed by them. Also forget about beating Frank with a melee char.

I didn't like the whole concept of Franky at all. Some Supersoldier, with no shades of grey or anything, just plain *evil*? C'mon Black Isle, you could've done better.
Frank
Frank
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am

Frank wrote:
I didn't like the whole concept of Franky at all. Some Supersoldier, with no shades of grey or anything, just plain *evil*? C'mon Black Isle, you could've done better.
well i had made both ingame and wiki research, and Frank is a super mutant *and* a cyborg, so he is what the Enclave whants to kill
this is the moast stupid ideea ever:the big, bad and reprezentitive boss of the Enclave is the enemy of the Enclave that goes with the soldgers

second: i told be4, i got raped by Enclave cuz all my builds where
1.leaders with 7 folowers(Mag pers+gain CH+shades found in golgotha+weding in Modoc)
2.10mm SMG bursters(yes, be4 i tried to kill franky with a 10mm SMG AP bullets)
3. low level(this time i had a lvl 20 char, be4 i whent with lvl 14-17)
4.crapy builds(FOnline teached me to make "bower buids")

but back to topic

other games i was obsesed with where: Theif, Call of Juarez, Sims 3(i like to play good god)
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 pm

At the moment I have put my hands on New Vegas again, travelling across the Mojave with a Gun warrior called Roy Geckohide (I finished Dead Money with him).

I am also playing Shadowrun (Sega Genesis version), currently rising some money by selling stolen data, as I want to get better hardware and software for my Decker character, who I've also made good for combat. Just hope at least one of you guys knows what I'm talking about.
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:50 am

like Eter, i restarterd to play New Vegas with all the add-ons, but other games that i play are The Sims Medieval, Theif Gold and some flash games
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum