What Remains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your new perk ideas

3 posters

Go down

Your new perk ideas Empty Your new perk ideas

Post by Frank Mon May 30, 2011 12:56 am

This shall be a topic for all ideas of yours regarding new perks. You may post a bit more detailed description and before you post it, consider if it is possible to add to the engine at all. Please only serious suggestions. Wink Note, that perks span from normal level-up ones, through perks only obtainable through quests (like the gecko skinning one in fallout 2) or even weapon perks, some feats that certain types of weapons can have etc.

Happy posting. Wink
Frank
Frank
Developer

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Your new perk ideas Empty Re: Your new perk ideas

Post by Eternauta Mon May 30, 2011 8:37 am

I liked the fact that in Fallout 2 someone had to teach you the how-to before you could skin Geckos.

I will only be based on 2238 to suggest this, so it might actually not fit WR... You could receive the "Gecko skinning" perk as well as a "Brahmin skinning" one to get pelts and hides. Maybe even a "Tanning" perk instead of "Armorer 1" profession?

I think it would also be interesting to able to get something similar to the NV "Spotter" perk, but working the other way round: your companions get a bonus to hit when using single shot weapons.
Eternauta
Eternauta
First Trip Ever To The Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post by LagMaster Tue May 31, 2011 7:30 am

yeah, companion perks will be a good ideea, but we will need to know what companions you will ahve first, so after you have made some ideeas for folowers and folower background i can try to create some perks for them and also a personal quest for ech and every one of them

@topic:
Gun Runner: you know how to use your guns and they know how to work in your hands, you get +5 dmg with guns and guns deteriorate at a slower rate

Masked Man(need evil karma): you know how to mask your evil actions, NPC reaction to Evil caracters will be like with neutral caracters

Assassin: you mastery in close combat gives you more confedince in your abilityes,you get +10 dmg with close range weapons and they deteriorate in slower rate(Run Runner for melle)

more will come soon
LagMaster
LagMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 am

Eternauta wrote:I liked the fact that in Fallout 2 someone had to teach you the how-to before you could skin Geckos.

I will only be based on 2238 to suggest this, so it might actually not fit WR... You could receive the "Gecko skinning" perk as well as a "Brahmin skinning" one to get pelts and hides. Maybe even a "Tanning" perk instead of "Armorer 1" profession?

Yep, I like these too. I've planned some similar thing to get hides from different beasts, to craft basic apparel etc. It won't be mandatory if you want that certain armor for example, but can be a good alternative if (by some mysterious actions!) you won't be able to trade with people or don't have the goods to exchange.

Eternauta wrote:
I think it would also be interesting to able to get something similar to the NV "Spotter" perk, but working the other way round: your companions get a bonus to hit when using single shot weapons.

Same here, I want to design it so that each companion can give you something interesting in exchange (besides their backgroundstory). New Vegas is a good example, because they all provided interesting feautures (Companion Perks). I'm also trying to add some new perks to every weapon, armor etc. so that there are more possibilities to combine/experiment with character progression. (Arcanum is the way to go for this example).

Lagmaster wrote:
Gun Runner: you know how to use your guns and they know how to work in your hands, you get +5 dmg with guns and guns deteriorate at a slower rate

Masked Man(need evil karma): you know how to mask your evil actions, NPC reaction to Evil caracters will be like with neutral caracters

Assassin: you mastery in close combat gives you more confedince in your abilityes,you get +10 dmg with close range weapons and they deteriorate in slower rate(Run Runner for melle)

They are quite powerful, but with a bit of numbers tweaking - good ideas. Smile
I especially like the "Masked Man" - I will definitively use this.
Frank
Frank
Developer

http://falloutwhatremains.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternauta Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 am

Low profile
You tend to avoid getting attention, even when carrying out actions that can change the world around you. Your actions have a 50 per cent less impact on your Karma and Reputation.

Interrogator (Req: Perception 6, Speech 100%)
You know how to avoid those little "obstacles" in conversations. You can easily detect when someone is lying or trying to hide information from you. (note: a bonus to Speech/Perception rolls in dialogue? or maybe whole new dialogue options?)

Badlands Elder (Req: at least 45 years old)
Hostile intelligent beings tend not to consider you a real threat during combat. This gives a bonus to your Sequence. (note: not really sure how much should this bonus be... also it could probably affect aggro as well)
Eternauta
Eternauta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum